Why switch to Office 2007?
Microsoft Office 2007 has some advantages over the previous release
- There is a strong integration with Sharepoint. For instance, MS Word helps to publish a blog post (since the Sharepoint interface sucks) or MS Outlook can synchronize calendars or get a local copy of a document library.
- The new interface is probably more efficient in the very long term, since commonly used items are more accesible. This does not apply to Outlook which has not be reworked at all.
On the drawback side, the list is far from being empty
- Office 2007 seems even more ressource-consumming than Office 2003
- the new interface is completely new and very confusing to the users, except the interface of Outllok which has been left untouched and as unintuitive as it is for years
- Outlook quotation has sucked for years, but now it is even worse with a « blue line of devil«
- many documents will be slightly broken: Bullet list disappearing in Powerpoint; « Car » and « Car car » style appearing in Word