Eclipse. JVM Terminated -1
I installed Eclipse Europa (3.3) and Eclipse Ganymede (3.4) but could start none of them. Starting eclipse fails with
I eventually found a fix, that requires to change the eclipse.ini file (I replace « new lines » with « spaces »)
Hope this helps!
Othere suggestions include:
- changing the vmargs parameters (also suggested by bobobobo) and in particular changing the maximum heap size1
- completedly blank out the eclipse.ini file (which obviously fixes the incorrect new line character)
- reinstall a 64 bit version of Java (in case you are on a 64 bit OS)
- fixing the arguments after vmargs. This was obviously not the problem with my fresh installation, ubt maybe it can help other people.
- I suspect this reformats the new lines as well, depending on the editor used [↩]